Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Ugh-oh

My first day of training was last weekend. My ride was 27 miles round trip to and from Sausalito.

It's not so much the sore legs that I was worried about. The distance of 545 miles even seems doable. What scares me the most are the hills. When you hear climbs described as Quadbuster and Evil Twins, you know you're up for a challenge.

Perhaps I was looking for an excuse out or I was honestly trying to be smart about my decision to make it to this year's AIDS Life Cycle.

Thanks to fellow bloggers, I found that riders have trained 4-6 months for this event. Some have trained for a year! Surely fitting my training into 3 weeks would be a setup for failure.

Darn.

As disappointed as I am to not be attending this year's event, I'm still psyched for next year's ride. This will give me more time to train and prepare my trike.

No comments:

Post a Comment